Marine Drive Images/
Douglas Head (Manx: Kione_Ghoolish) is a rocky point on the Isle of Man overlooking Douglas Bay and harbour. Views extend to include Snaefell Mountain and Laxey.
Until 1870, the headland was originally owned by The Nunnery Estate when Sir John Goldie-Taubman gave part of it to 'the people of Douglas' by donating it to Douglas Town Council. The headland was a popular area during the Victorian tourism period with access available via South Quay or by using the three steam ferries of Douglas Harbour Ferry Service.
Currently the area is home to apartments, Manx Radio and a public area used for picnics, walks and best place to see the Red Arrows come TT week.